UK north east - SUP 2 Hour Intro Session Hexham, Northumberland
Cost per person £35
SUP 2 Hour Intro Adventure Details
The perfect way to get started with paddle boarding if you’re a curious beginner! Get out on the water and give paddle boarding a go on one of our 2 hour taster sessions. Our aim is to give you all the information and experience you need to decide if you would like to invest further in the sport.
It’s fun and a lot easier than you think! The session will be led by one of our qualified instructors. This is your chance to pick their brain and ask as many questions as you want!
Please remember these sessions are for newcomers to sample the sport. If you are wanting to learn specific skills or want to learn something specific, then please look at our other courses.
The session will be on the river, providing a fantastic location with calm waters. You will be on the water for most of the session, which will include paddling and some bank-based coaching.
What we will cover in the paddleboard taster session:
- Launching and landing your board
- Basic strokes and skills
You will meet our team and they will fit you with your equipment and you will be given a short safety briefing and explanation in the use of the equipment before getting onto the water. The session will take place on a calm stretch of water. You will be taught how to balance, control and stay safe on your board as well as hopefully interacting with some of the local wildlife.
Venue location and your arrival details
A beautiful location for a blissful paddle-boarding experience. This section of the Tyne River allows us to paddle on a calm stretch of flowing water. The river is abundant with wildlife, and provides a great little heaven for spotting kingfishers, otters, heron, salmon and sea trout, mute swans, muscovy ducks, great black-backed gulls, wood pigeon, and the occasional glimpse of the roe deer!
We’ll be hitting the river at Tyne Green. You’ll find the team located close to the kids play ground, before you get to the golf club. Drive along Tyne Green Road and you’ll be able to spot the SUPs on the grass!
Prerequisite (what experience should I have)
- None, just happy to be on and in the water.
- Suitable for ages 13+ (for younger children we would suggest a Family MEGA SUP session)
- Children under 18 are required to have a parent or legal guardian on the session.
What should I bring to the adventure?
- Swimwear for under your wetsuit
- A big fluffy towel
- Soft shoes to wear that might get a bit wet (no flip flops or crocs please)
- Sun screen
- Some light refreshments for afterwards
We provide you with all the paddle-boarding and safety equipment.
- Wetsuit – please check your wetsuit requirements in the sizing chart below, you will be asked to provide your wetsuit size required during the booking process.
- Buoyancy aid
- Paddle-board with fin, paddle, and ankle strap
- Pictures from your session will be available to download from our flickr account
Talk to us about scheduling your own private session. With a minimum of 4 paddlers you can choose a date and time to suit you!
Use the calendar below to choose your date and make your booking!